What is CBD?
- Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of many cannabinoids found in hemp. It is anti-inflammatory, pain relieving, and promotes bone growth. CBD is also an adaptogen, meaning it helps your body adapt to imbalances and stressors. Consumers of CBD report better sleep and reduced inflammation, especially in the digestive system, among other things.
What is CBG?
- Cannabigerol (CBG) is another cannbinoid found in hemp and is the precusor to all other cannabinoids, such as CBD. CBG is anit-fungal, anti-inflammatory, pain relieving, and has a particular affinity for the brain. It can be mindly stimulating/energizing/focusing making it great for morning use. For a more thorough understanding of CBG, please read our blog CBG Breakdown.
What is a cannabinoid?
- A cannabinoid is a molecule that interacts with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) in our body. There are both endogenous and exogenous cannabinoids. Endogenous cannabinoids are produced by our bodies and exogenous cannabinoids are consumed from other things, primarily cannabis.
Cannabis contains over 100 different cannabinoids. Some of the most common are CBD, THC, CBG, CBC and CBN – they all work in synergy with one another. Our endocannabinoid system works in partnership with the other systems of the body, primarily the immune system, and is largely responsible for homeostasis throughout the body, meaning balance.
Where does CBD come from?
- CBD comes from cannabis plants (a plant genus). Hemp and marijuana are both cannabis plants but differ from one another. Hemp is cannabis that contains 0.3% THC and marijuana is cannabis that contains above 0.3% THC.
What is the legal category of your CBD?
- While our CBD is legally categorized as hemp, it differs from industrial hemp, which is used for fibers. We do not grow/extract industrial hemp and we do not grow/extract marijuana.
What is the difference between CBD and THC?
- Both CBD and THC are cannabinoids, and while they both interact with the endocannabinoid system inside the human body, CBD and THC interact with the ECS differently. They attach themselves to different receptor sites and have different therapeutic value. CBD and THC can work alone or in synergy together. THC is a psychoactive compound and produces a noticeably altered state of consciousness. CBD is not psychoactive like THC.
Other links we love on this topic:
Can animals use CBD?
- Yes! Just like humans, many animals can experience benefits from hemp - benefits like ease and overall body regulation. We are also starting to see more and more pet owners turn to hemp to help their furry friends with more specific areas of health as well. Hemp can help animals with their demeanor, stress levels, energy, GI tract, immune system, reduce pain or inflammation and provide end-of-life support.
How often should I take CBD?
- While this varies from person to person, we suggest starting at taking it once or twice daily. Depending on what you are using it for, take as often as needed.
How much should I take?
- 10-20mg per day is good for most people. However, larger or smaller doses can be taken as needed.
How many mg are in each serving and how long will one bottle last?
- If you take 1 dropperful per day (20mg) and there are 600mg in the bottle, it will last 30 days. This is equivalent to spending $2 a day.
- If you take ½ dropperful per day (10mg) and there are 600mg in the bottle, it will last 60 days. This is equivalent to spending $1 a day.
How long does it take to feel the effects of CBD?
- Some effects may be felt within a couple minutes due to absorption in the mouth. Other effects may take up to 45 minutes to feel. The amount of CBD you consume and the sensitivity of your body, among other factors, can effect these times.
Does it contain THC?
- Yes, our product contains THC (less than 0.3%). However, CBD does not contain THC, they are separate and distinct cannabinoids. They work in synergy with each other. This synergy between cannabinoids is what makes our oil so effective.
Will it get me high?
- The simple answer is no. However, while you will not be “high”, you may feel the CBD working in your body.
What is the legality of your product?
- Our hemp is grown in Oregon and is legal both on the state and federal level. The federal government passed the 2018 Agricultural Improvement Bill in December, 2018, which now classifies hemp as being separate and distinct from other forms of cannabis and legalizes it for all American farmers. All the products we sell directly to the consumer have below 0.3% THC, which is the legal limit for hemp classification. Each product is tested to comply with potency, pesticide, and solvent regulations which are enforced by the state of Oregon.
Will I test positive on a drug test?
- Since there are trace amounts of THC in our products, it is possible to fail a drug test depending on how much is being consumed and how often you take it. Also, it depends on the drug test being administered.
Is it addictive?
How is your CBD & CBG produced?
- We extract our CBD from organically grown CBD-rich hemp and our CBG from CBG-rich hemp using alcohol produced from organic sugar cane. This extract contains a variety of cannabinoids as well as terpenes, flavonoids and other plant compounds. All of the organic alcohol used is removed from the final product. This full spectrum extract is then blended with organic hemp seed oil and flavored with organic essential oils.
Why do you use hemp seed oil?
- Hemp seed oil contains a perfect 3:1 ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 essential fatty acids. This is the most optimal ratio for the human body. It also contains a small amount of protein. Amazingly, this oil comes from cannabis (hemp), the same plant as CBD extract. Because we believe in the medicine of hemp, it was an obvious choice to use one of the most nutritious and beneficial oils in the plant kingdom. Hemp seed oil lowers blood pressure, improves organ function, increases energy levels and reduces inflammation. Due to its high essential fatty acid content, we recommend refrigeration for our product. The hemp seed oil we use is organic.
Is it safe to give my child?
- It is our opinion that since children have endocannabinoid systems, small amounts could be beneficial. Above all else, parents should discern for themselves what to give their child.
Optimal criteria for medical hemp products: http://www.integratedholisticcare.com/blog/four-criteria-for-assuring-cannabis-is-medical-quality
Cannabis for Autism: www.integratedholisticcare.com/news
Disclaimer: The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act requires this notice.